Monday, December 29, 2008

Life ain't always a picnic!

Isn't it kind of funny the way most adults try to put on their best face when online? I know I do, even though there are times I am reading twitter updates and thinking things like "Oh sure, but I think your a putz!" Does that seem mean? Honestly, I think we all have those thoughts. No, I don't actually type that back to people, but sometimes I think it. It is my opinion that especially older people (not OLD, just older) do that a lot when dealing with younger people online. I'm not a mean person, but like most Grands, I've been through a lot and hey, I'm entitled to my not so great moods. So are you! While some Grands throw it all out there, good, bad and ugly, I think a lot of us hold things in (or talk out loud, which is perfectly acceptable for anyone over 40!)

Grandmas are often dealing with trying to earn a living, we STILL have issues with our kids, many of us are raising our Grandkids and life just ain't always a picnic. That's before I even mention menopause! It's okay to have moods and to not always be in the pink. Just try to remember that the impression you leave online lasts a long time. Say whatever you want to out loud or to your dog, or even to your computer screen, but try to keep it civil online especially if you are trying to gain friends or employment! Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to break out my M&M stash, watch crime shows and wait out this hot flash! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment