Saturday, December 27, 2008

Get a website that's easy and (almost) FREE!

I wasn't sure if this would work, but sure enough, it did! Up front I'll tell you that it will cost $1.99 for a .info domain name and NOTHING for your hosting! Here's what you do: go to Synthasite and register for free. When they ask, click that you want to buy the domain name somewhere else. It will give you an IP address for a "Point to". Write that down. Once you do that go to www.GoDaddy.com and get yourself a $1.99 .info domain name. (You can also get .com domains for $7-$10 but, I'm cheap!) They will offer you a lot of other things like hosting and such, but if you want to save money, refuse offers and just get your domain name. Go back to Synthasite and use easy templates to build your website on Synthasite. (Trust me, I am a techno-tard and I did it! It's not completed yet but you can see that it works by going to www.granmasonline.info. (yes, it's misspelled, but I was in a hurry to see if it worked! That's GRANMASONLINE.info) I paid, after taxes, $2.14! It doesn't look like much now...but it's MY SITE! If you have any problems, just email me and I'll help, but you shouldn't have any problem at all, like I said, I did it and I get frustrated very easily if I don't understand something easily! Go ahead, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment